Wednesday 3 October 2012

Thanksgiving

We have been working so hard in our room. We are busy discussing Thanksgiving. The students and I have decided that no matter how rotten your day is or how sad you are feeling there are always things to be thankful for. Our list includes; family and friends but also includes items such as; time to play and lollipops. It is important to remember that happiness can be found anywhere. I was really proud of them for coming up with these inspirational ideas. Earlier this week most of them didn't even really remember what Thanksgiving was or if their families had any plans. After picture book after picture book and a little homework (discussing their plans with their families and reporting back) our shared writing looked like this:
We are working on an individual writing piece with some art to go with it. Visit again soon for an update. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for my little friends in Room 12. When you say say hello to me, give me a hug or show me a big smile - you make my day! I look forward to working with you the rest of the year.
    Love,
    Mrs. Peleck

    ReplyDelete